APAC AML Investigation Analyst
Location: Changi, South East SG
Job Number: 5447
Position: 6 Months Contract Analyst – Global Financial Crimes Compliance - AML Investigations
Join an American MNC, which provides Private Banking, Asset Management, Treasury & Security Services, Private Wealth Management services and is one of the largest banks in the United States with a history dating back over 200 years. American multinational banking and financial services holding company with almost 240,000 employees in 60 countries
- AML Investigations to provides vital support within the firm’s Global Financial Crimes Compliance department focusing on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Sanctions and Know Your Customer (KYC) programs
- Evaluating Banking Client’s KYC files to develop a substantial understanding of the entity structure, business and risk profiles, expected activity and account history
- Conducting real-time and ongoing screening of Negative Media, Politically Exposed Persons and/or Sanctions
- Determining unusual account activity through transaction analysis and monitoring transactions flagged by Mantas or manual referrals
- Perform review of wire transfers, trade finance transactions and investment banking transactions and perform necessary research to determine true sanctions matches
- Working in partnership with all LOBs, Country Money Laundering Reporting Officers (MLROs) and regional GFCC Investigations teams
- Performing analysis on transactions to identify unusual activity and conducting research / investigation to form recommendations on degree of suspicion in accordance to firm’s global investigations standards.
- Presenting cases / issues found to local MLROs in the region, to be able to argue merits of his / her recommendation, address questions and ensure all analysis performed is adequately documented.
- Dealing on a timely basis with enquiries from Regulators, Law Enforcement Bodies and internally from the business.
- Assisting in the implementation of global policies and procedure relating to investigations in Asia region.
- Partake in the implementation of AML related projects and initiatives
- Taking on team tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the Regional AML Investigations team.
- Participating and leading initiatives on behalf of Compliance and the Singapore Corporate Centre
- Bachelor Degree in Banking & Finance or other equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Anti-Money Laundering (AML) with AML knowledge in Asia, including Hong Kong and Singapore, requires general knowledge of AML requirements globally
- Experienced in monitoring transactions, market surveillance and financial crime investigations with interests in Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions, KYC / Due Diligence and/or Investigations with Compliance or Regulatory
- Aptitude to understand different business models, product sets, and risk factors across the various lines of business including Private Banking and Investment Banking
- Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision, and a good team player
- Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment while maintaining quality output
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for report summarizations and escalations
- While training will be provided, the successful candidates will be expected to have strong AML knowledge, to be able to think 'out of the box', and be intuitive on where information can be found.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
EA License: 94C3609
Reg No: R1110438
Job Number: 5447
Community / Marketing Title: APAC AML Investigation Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Changi, South East SG